Thursday, March 8, 2012

a little cock and other stuff...

It is Thursday. Almost one week since surgery. I have to be honest, I thought I'd be utterly normal by now. Not even by now, by like three days ago. Clearly I had no frame of reference for something like this. I figured one or two pain pills for one or two days and tada! I'd be good as new. Said the woman who still clutches her right ribcage when she laughs, sneezes, or coughs as if she's being stabbed repeatedly. So as the week oozes by in a slow sludge of bad sleep and pain pills, we shall see what is what. Which actually means: this is a pot pourri of shit I have forgotten and/or just occurred to me:

Like this, I appear to have a little cock on my pants today. These are my favorite Spring pants. And the reason you are seeing them is...I am wearing them. This is the bizarre kind of shit that amuses me right now. And if you see that strip of color, that is a new top that I somehow bought without these pants in mind and yet...perfect color match. You know what this means...I am an inadvertent fashion genius.

Next we move on to the flasher anthology FLASHED put out by Kiki Howell for her birthday (yesterday, wolf whistle, *happy birthday, Kiki!*). I am in it along with some other great writers and it was utterly free. Until yesterday. On Kindle. And I forgot. So the good news is, if you are a member of my newsletter list, you got it for free this morning. If you are NOT a member then...why the hell not? Do I offend? (that is a Pretty In Pink reference for you, there). But I have other good news, I have two copies to give away here. So just send me an email at sommermarsden[@]gmail[.]com and say "nice cock". I'll choose two winners by the end of the weekend.

Believe it or not, there was more stuff, but it's gone out of my head. *poof!*

Hopefully, in the next day or so I'll have a new cover to share with you. In the meantime...um...nope. It's gone. Gone like the wind. Which is whipping up today along with nearly 70 degree weather and some pollen. I know because I sneezed. And then my brain went white and I prayed for death... or just another Percocet.

XOXO
Sommer
p.s. Oh! Awake is on tonight. That is another thing. Are you watching it? I am and I think it is fantfuckingtabulous. Only I need to do some sort of red band/green band cheat sheet. Or I'm going to end up drooling and weeping trying to keep this shit straight! :)

1 comment:

  1. So far I'm loving Awake. It's new and different, and not another variation on something we've seen a million times before. Interesting how things in one reality help him solve cases in the other, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?